Saturday, January 24, 2009

Starting the year right



Jan Aliling and Ting Tanega has been sweethearts for the longest time. They met, fell in love, broke up, got together again and in the end they finally tied the knot. I can't believe that I have been that busy that my once "always smiling" baby has grown to become a respected Pediatrician and now a married woman. My relationship with the Tanegas has always been great. 


It started when I got to be friends with their eldest sister Karina when Ting joined the Days with the Lord in St. Scho many years back. I remember it took a while before I got to be close to Karina because she was kinda "snobbish" back then. But Ting was more approachable, always smiling and I really enjoyed every minute talking to her. When she became rector our friendship became deeper. Same thing with Karina. 



Funny thing was that their two twin sisters (teka apat na ba yon??) KR and KL then grew up (or should I say grew older) and then joined the Days with the Lord. To make a long story short I became a friend to all four of them. Its nice to note that during the times that gatherings would happen at their place I was often invited and was treated as a "Kuya" to all of them.


In one of the Christmasses we shared I still remember what Tita Baby said in their Christmas card to me - "Thank you for being the Kuya that my daughters never had!" It was something to be proud of. Karina eventually found herself hitting the books in law school and is now a respected lawyer. The twins are also working and I just cant believe that they are working. In my eyes they are eternally kids!

When Ting and Jan contacted me last August about their wedding I felt so old but happy. I felt that I have been away from friends for a long time that I missed most of their happy times. But then again, their wedding just made me more happier and like a Kuya I am proud of my younger sister. She made a great choice since the man of his dreams is somewhat like me - Handsome and Funny! To the newly weds, Best Wishes Atty and Dra. Jan and Ting Aliling! Tingaling!!! ALiling Aliling!! Okay enough.

No comments: