Saturday, January 24, 2009

74 and still going strong


January 20, 2009 - the day my mom turned 74. Being the only child has its advantages and disadvantages. For one you are the apple of the eye of your parents but unfortunately you have no siblings to turn to. Mom an example of a typical probinsyana who was raised by conservative parents in Dagupan City. She was very a very obedient daughter and was raised as a God fearing person. Its that love for God that made her survive the separation from my father. As a result, all of us live with our mom, her 6 children and 9 grandchildren spend time with her.


If there is a part of me that is religious or God fearing, I owe it all to my mother who shared countless stories from the bible when I was a kid. I believe that It is because of this that my foundation as a Catholic is very strong. I thank you mom and love you always. Happy 74th Birthday!


No comments: