Sunday, January 4, 2009

MY HOPES for 2009

BETTER RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD

Mhel's Gurls' or Mhel's Guides?

My work has really eaten up a lot of my time. Gone were the days that I use to staff full time in almost all Days with the Lord weekends that I get to be invited in.  The DWTL has been the catalyst in making my relationship with the Lord stong. This year I just hope that with or without the DWTL I would be able to improve my relationship with the Lord and spread his word through my good deeds.  I am happy that I am able to live by example the word of the Lord and infect my “babies” and other young friends I get to work with.  I hope that I will be able to lead the way and inspire them to live a Christ like life.  I miss the days that I get to be inspired by God’s word alone and I hope this year it will all come back. Ad majorem dei Gloriam.

BLUE EAGLES TO REPEAT

Thanks Aaron VIcencio for this great pic
For me the most important thing to happen in 2009 is for the Ateneo Blue Eagles to win back to back titles.  I hope that their recent in the Philippine Collegiate Championships would alarm the team and make them work hard for a better season 72. The core is almost intact and they will need 6 more months of fine tuning to be able for them to familiarize each other with the roles that they will be playing. FEU and DLSU will still be the teams to beat and hopefully the Blue Eagles will celebrate with another bonfire with the Blue Eaglets.
 
IMPROVED PHOTOGRAPHY

Gail Nicolas grabbed this pic & is now in her blog

I still believe that my photography has a long way to go. In a scale of 1 to 10 I rate myself a measly four.  I just hope that through the events that we will have this year I will continue to improve my photography and who knows maybe get some jobs in the future.  I just hope that we can still cover pageants, sporting events and have pictorials that can make me improve my photography skills more.
MORE EVENTS 

More quality pageants please

This school year we had 6 additional pageants that we sponsored –Turismo PIlipina, Face of the Year, Circle of 10, Slimmer’s World, Mr. and Ms. Tutuban and Island Philippines. Also the numerous requests in the office to help out in almost all 25th year anniversary events are most welcome.  I am just uncomfortable not doing anything in the office. I have always said that being busy is better than having no work at all. 

MORE FRIENDS 

Lara is a nice person & I hope to be a friend of hers

Life is all about meeting people and making friends and becoming close to them. I believe that the friends we meet will someday make us either sad or happy with emphasis on being happy.  The lifeblood of one’s stay in this world is the time spent with our friends. That is why I hope I make new friends this year!

No comments: