Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shift happens

During the wedding of my friend Jan and Ting I slept with the Tanegas and took the couch while they were in the room of the junior suite. Ting said that the only drawback was that the make up artist will be there by 7am. I said, that early? Well since I also wake up early I said what the heck mine as well sleep there. 7 am came and to my surprise a familiar face greeted me. She was also in shock when she saw me. She said "Mhel??? What are you doin here?" Well to my delight that friend is Gina Jarantilla-Desuasido who is a friend of mine from the Ateneo College.


Gina mentioned that 5 years ago she went to the USA to pursue her passion and eventually make it her source of living and that is to become a make up artist. Well in our country we usually think that being a make up artist is not a lucrative way of making a living. Unfortunately for visionaries like Gina, she has seen how to become one and shifted careers to pursue her passion and earn. Like what we said to each other, "its just like having fun and getting paid for it!"

Gina would you believe is also into special effects and at times uses airbrush on her customers depending on what the customers need. She is a certified airbrush artist and is a amember of the International Federation of Airbrush Artists! Airbrush is usually used in movies and shoots to give the face or the subject a "high definition look!" I cannot believe that in the years we weren't able to see each other she followed her heart by studying abroad and getting clients in take this - "Hollywood!" Whoa!!! Imagine her in the set of House! Wow that's amazing. She still gets clients from international films. So would you consider that working?



Days before we met again she said she just finished servicing the man from Gensan - Manny Pacquiao. It was such an animated make up session since it was done for Manny's billboard ad. I am just so glad that my friend pursued a passion that is now giving her nice pay and enjoying it. Like what they say "find a job you like and you will never work for the rest of your life!" COngrats Gina. Now your biggest challenge is how to make me a little less handsome..can you do that?


A blast from the past. Would you imagine that she still has cans of the very popular 80's hairspray Aqua Net! The things people do to make things perfect! If you want to know more about her you can go to her site http://missmakeup.multiply.com/ Now if you are getting married, get her since I believe being a bride comes only once and her magic will make an ordinary bride prettier and a pretty bride stunningly beautiful as I have witnessed.

No comments: