Friday, October 31, 2008

Cosplayers invade SM Marikina


I remember posting a previous story in this blog about COSPLAY.Since that time I got an invite to one of our STI students, Mark Cerrezo to visit him at SM Marikina for the World Game Master Tournament. The WGMT is actually a computer tourney with young kids from the country vying for different titles in the world of gaming. At the same time while they are around I visited Mark and brought along my two nephews so that they would see what Cosplayers wear and more importantly what take pictures of the kids with these costumes. 
  

One of the Costumes that amazed me was this kid who was wearing a Transformers costume. In the World Cyber Games in MOA last july, the same kid wore a miniature costume of the Predator. As seen in this photo my nephew Shobe eliciting a trademark Garrido smile on the kid Cosplayer.

A few minutes after taking the previous picture, we were surprised to see the kid in the mini transformers costume was actually a girl. I believe that the kid might have gotten exhausted with all the people wanting to take pictures with her and standing around and getting sweat from the costume. I captured this sweet scene with the kid and her father taking care of her while resting. Very touching.  I hope to be part of more of this in the future. So lets try our luck in Cosplay.

No comments: