Sunday, December 13, 2009

150 Years of the Ateneo


My Batchmates

Back then when I was in kindergarten my father told me that I would be transferring to another school after that year. I was quite sad since I've made friends and was happy with the current school that I was in. But hey, what can I do I was just 6 years old and my voice then did not count when it comes to school decisions. When I transferred to that new school it took me a while to get accustomed to everything but I eventually gained new friends and liked staying in that school where I spent 13 happy years - The Ateneo.

Having some laughs with friends from HS 86

Call it destiny but becoming an Atenean is the best thing that has happened to my life. It is in the Ateneo where I was molded into who I am now. I was never a genius nor am I an honor student, but being pitted against excellent minds in the Ateneo helped me bring out the best in me. I eventually realized how important being an Atenean is when i started working. The respect people give you even though you were just an ordinary student back then is truly something one cherishes. The expectations that are on your shoulders is enough to keep you in check which translates to the right pressure to succeed in what you do.



the passing of the torch batch 84 to batch 85
One of the best things that happened to me are the people that I met in the Ateneo. These are the friends that have been with me through thick and thin. Through the times that I was struggling as a student, the times when my potentials were not yet realized and the times when I was financially down , my colleagues were there to help me out and like what i mentioned made me to what I am now.

Rico Blanco rocked the house

The Ateneo is all about Family and tradition. Imagine getting to know generations of Ateneans 25 years ahead of me and 25 years younger than me! The father of my classmates, their brothers and sisters, nieces and friends, the friendships never end. Everytime I hook up with Ateneans of different batches, there is a certain bond that binds you beyond the campus, the teachers or the UAAP games. The Ateneo is definitely a family and a very generous community.


Yael Yuzon singing PUSO

For me, the Ateneo Sesquicentennial is all about renewing ties, bonds and traditions that were once the core and center of our lives. I went to the celebration to see people I have not seen for years and rekindle stories that were already forgotten. Being at the Ateneo High School covered courts definitely brings back so many happy memories. Seeing my batch mates and other friends who I shared lots of happy times is definitely something worth reliving. I am looking forward to the next three homecomings most specially the one in 2012 where we take centerstage as jubilarians. Ateneo One Big Night!

No comments: