Sunday, February 8, 2009

STI NYC @ the SMX


They came, they saw they conquered. 15,000 STI Students from different STI branches converged at the SMX Convention Center to witness STI's one of a kind and spectaular roadshow presentation, the STI 14th National Youth Convention. Preparation for the NYC in Metro Manila was quite difficult since we were looking at a new but bigger venue. In recent years the Aliw Theater was the home of the NYC but this year we moved to a bigger venue to accommodate more students. Fortunately the network did not disappoint as the STI schools confirmed record number of students as the two day convention reached 15,000 confirmed attendees. A record in the NYC.


Various problems usually crop up days before the event. This time it was a case of singers backing out. I actually talked to two separate STI singers who were champions of the STI Idol singing competition. Unfortunately they begged off. The most telling problem was the SMX sound system. I will just create a separate blog about it.


I would like to commend my dancers, my speakers and my team for a job well done. I received great feedback from the students and the administrators who were there during the convention.


Spanky Enriquez was his usual bubbly and eloquent self. "A Blog's Life" is now a certified hit as STI students are now starting their own blogs (I've read a few) and are starting their own Facebook accounts. I for one have chatted with a lot of students and they expressed their gratitude and excitement with the way Spanky taught them how to blog. As I write this piece I have already accepted at least 50 new friends in facebook from the Metro Manila convention. Great Job Spanx.


Dennis Evangelista was the top draw this time around. He reaarranged his presentation to give STI students lots of things to remember in making their "pesonality" work. His topic "Pesonality - Characteristics in Managing your peso" was a hit since the students were not only laughing, but more importantly learning from the many stories that Dennis shared. Dennis is really fit for this topic since he really gave his best to make sure that the students get their money's worth through the many insights he shared.


Jojo Recio was a fitting anchor. His topic "Think Link - connecting people" is a great encore for this convention. I remember one student's remark that the important thing she remembers is that relationships bring positive things to you! Jojo was his usual funny self and left the students with a lot of things to think about with regards to relationships.


One thing that I made sure would make our STI students proud was an intermission number by the all-male four time hataw sayaw dance champions Campus Katz and the all-female STI All-Star dancers.


I am quite happy that everything fell into place considering I have a new team and a lot has been on my plate lately. If you will just scroll down this blog you will notice that much has been happening to me lately and I am happy that I have pulled through. With the help of the Lord I am happy that the STI National Youth Convention has reached record numbers this year!

Go STI!

No comments: