Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Destiny unfolds

I remember in 1998 i get to have some friends from the St. Scholastica's College Days with the Lord who I called Mhel G's angels. Teeners then, Kat Mangahas, Marlyn Acero and Sharine Lim and me became instant friends. Kat was the first one I got close to since she was with me in the music ministry during those times in the Days with the Lord. In one of our marathon phone talks we would share secrets, suitors and other stuff. One thing I remember back then was one suitor of hers who she said was perfect but for one reason "got away!"

Years after, we would just update each other by having coffee or meeting up for lunch or dinner or which ever is more comfortable to have time with. Three years ago during the despedida of Marlyn she also said that she is going to the USA to see what luck she has going there. By this time the Kat I knew back then has matured into a more confident person and is now sure of what she wants and is brimming with conviction in her decisions. One thing I remember her saying was that Darryl is there in the US and I am not sure if our paths will cross again and have a second serving.

Two years ago Kat and Darryl tied the knot in the US and came back here in the Philiippines to get married and share time with their friends. I am just so happy for my friend who has endured lots of pains and heartaches and has grown to be a great wife and responsible mother to their son Drake. As an old school romantic I have always believed that if that a person is really destined for you, whatever the obstacles are love will find a way to bring you together. Same thing is what happened to Kat and Darryl because they were really meant of reach other which just shows that destiny unfolds.





Here is a picture MTV I made for their wedding two years ago in the US.

No comments: