Thursday, February 12, 2009

Best Tasting Steak ever


I remember, March of 2008 I was able to visit the Del Monte farm in Bukidnon and see its beauty. Unfortunately though because the work that had that time made me miss one of the best things that the del Monte farm had to offer- its food. 


There are many popular restaurants surrounding the Del MOnte farm. In fact del Monte even made a village to house their employees.  The best place to eat del monte's fabled steak is at their Cawayanon clubhouse. 

When one of our guests Spanky E.  ordered their pineapple juice I was quite intrigued by the taste and looks of it. It was a juice freshly made from the millions of pineapples harvested in their farm. So even though I am not a pineapple juice drinker I ordered one just for the taste of it.


One by one our orders came which started with their mushroom soup which was so yummy that I wanted to ask for seconds but declined since I might get full right away.  

We ordered Pork Sirloin for our driver, obviously the cheapest in their menu, which did not disappoint also considering it had three big pieces of most probably the best Porkloin the driver has ever tasted.



Just to make sure that we will come out full, we added a Salisbury Steak to add to the Steaks we ordered.  The Hamburger in itself was quite filling and we waited for the Main event to arrive before we indulged in such voraciousness.

Then the steak arrived and we were all excited to eat.  We ordered two large steaks cut into two which means their steaks are really big.  We were told that the reason their steaks became famous is obviously because of its taste.  


At the same time the tasted was made special because the Cows that these steaks come from are fed with Pineapple Pulpbits or simple pineapple itself that gives their meat extra juiciness and when eaten there is a sudden rush of taste that I cannot explain.

The taste is something that will make you want to go back and eat again. Just like the usual steaks the price is quite expensive since their steaks range from small, medium and large sizes which comes from P600 to P1400. That is why every bite I made is savored and everytime I swallow I take time to savor the mouth watering taste of the best steak I have ever eaten.



Call me lucky or whatever, what is great is that I will be able to go back again next year when our National Youth Convention goes through its Mindanao romp.  I will definitely make this trip once again and go back to the land where tastiness is King!

No comments: