Sunday, April 25, 2010

The wedding I won't forget

With the newlyweds

People come and go in my life. A lot of them still stay with me till now but a lot has just passed by my life. Some of them I shared good memories and some I remember because of the special place they've put me in their lives. One person who I hope will still be a part of my life is my former dancer from STI, Zerina Tiangco. Her bubbly personality caught my attention and her way of being nice, polite and happy to be with made us instant friends. Since our ages are worlds apart, I think she has considered me as a friend and a father figure to whom she could relate stories and ask for advice from.

All-stars Pictorial

From the time we met a lot has changed through the three years that we have been together. Through the STI All-Stars dance team's gigs we would often share countless happy moments together with the other girls. From that time she has also matured and established a serious relationship with a co-STier, EJ Tan. Zerina and I shared a common interest in food. She is just lucky that she is young and her metabolism is fast that she doesn't get fat easily. But like my other gurls we have shared countless dinners, lunches and coffee stories which made our bond stronger.
Funtime at a Parokya ni Edgar Concert

Last friday my little gurl, who i consider like my daughter (she calls me daddy) walked down the aisle to get married to the person who has made her feel complete -EJ. And in that wedding, she asked me if I can stand as one of their Godfathers! At first it elicited a big laugh from me, but when it finally sunk in I realized Oh My God is this true. Well, I told her I am honored for I have always been a person who gave her advice whenever she was in a bind. Now there are two of them.

The Godfathers and Godmothers

I am just happy to make it to the wedding since my schedule was quite unforgiving the past few weeks. I told myself I had to squeeze in this wedding even if it was on a weekday. I am just glad that my baby is now on her way to having a family. Good luck EJ and Zerina, and like what I always tell you, I will be by your side no matter what. Just call me - The Ninong! Ayyyy.

No comments: