Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bagtas - Sandal Maker


Everytime I visit Boracay I make it a point to bring my favorite souvenir item and that is the genuine Boracay sandals. There is this sandal maker in Boracay whose craft is so unique and good that they have added other lines of products through the years. The name of the store is BAGTAS.



They used to occupy a place in the market place of Boracay and since the market has been torn apart for many years now, they have found a place inside D'Mall, Boracay's version of a mall with no airconditioning but quite a number of good establishments and Bagtas is one of them.
One thing that I liked when I ordered my favorite simple design of my sandals is that the guys who make the sandals will do the merchandise in front of you. The people behind the store took 30 minutes to do my sandals and it gave me time to look at other stores and go back to get what I bought for P 200 only. A great souvenir item. I must say I have around 8 pairs already.


Besides the sandals I bought there are a lot of customizable sandals or slippers that you can order and buy just then and there. In this picture are the designs that you can look at to give you and idea how creative these guys can be. So when in Boracay do not think twice of getting a pair at Bagtas.

5 comments:

lhanzky17 said...

Do you have branches in manila...where?

lhanzky17 said...

Do you have branches in manila...where?

Unknown said...

hi can I but some flip flops online?

Unknown said...

hi can I but some flip flops online?

mhelpogi said...

I think they dont offer online you have to go there to buy one.