Sunday, April 4, 2010

Garrido Family Outing

The family that has fun together
stays happy together

Every since we were kids we always look forward to summer since our parents would bring us to one of the beaches in Cavite for a summer swim. Back then, Boracay was still not a byword and Cavite beaches were in however gray their sands are. Yes, back then when we were kids we never really complained since it was the only place where we went. After a few more years when things were going pretty well my father would share expenses with his friends for a private pool in Los BaƱos Laguna.

That's me with Josh, Bujoy,
Janis, Janiza and Mikko

Fast forward to the 90's which was right around the time when I was working at Toyota and my brothers and sisters got married and conceived children. I continued on with the tradition by having a Black Saturday outing at Splash Island. Now the tradition has been passed and my nephews and nieces always look forward to our little out of town and picnic.


Josh, Janiza, Manang Beth, Ate Timmy,
Bujoy, Kuya Arnel and Mikko

The swimming is actually just part of it since I myself look forward to the sumptuous meal prepared by my sisters. This time around it was my eldest sister who treated us since her birthday is just a week away. This year the place she picked is the Villa Cristina in Antipolo. The place is just right for a one day affair.


Bujoy and Marc having fun

This is a great time to bond with my nephews and nieces, my brothers and sisters and my mom. The thing that excites me the most is the lunch prepared by my sisters. In this trip, we were around twenty, yours truly, Mama, Ate Beth and Matthew, Kuya Arnel, Wife Timmy and Kids, Louie, Ton with gf Shiela, Mikko with gf Janiza, Janis, Bujoy and Shobe. Elaiza was with Josh and Marc. Then our other guests Gaga and her husband and daughter. It was another fun vacation and now we are planning next year's outing.

Kuya Arnel showing the way
to a sumptuous meal

No comments: