Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Boracay Vacation

Time alone is very important, it makes you reflect on your life and plan your next few months. I went to Boracay to help a friend in an event and wound up working and having fun at the same time. Remember the old cliche that goes like this - Look for a job that you enjoy and you won't have to work for the rest of your life. That's why I enjoy doing things like this which I call my "this is the life" moments. I am just so happy to have chances and opportunities to work and be in vacation at the same time.

First day was a Thursday, April 9 and I was part of the 20 people together with the Hernandez clan. We were quite lucky since our flight was on time and was just late in taking off because of the tarmac traffic. We took the Sea Air 8:15 flight and was in Caticlan a little over 9 am. The flight was quite scary because the engine of the airplane took quite a while to settle down. During the time before we took off the engines were sounding weak which made me think of not so good things. Luckily we took off and landed a little over 9 am at Caticlan.


Our group was then brought to the shores of Microtel Inn and Suites. We were quite lucky since we did not take the usual route which was dock at the Boracay wharf and ride an L300 mini van to the hotel which usually takes another 45 minutes with all the waiting and transporting of bags. We arrived at Boracay a little before 10 am and I met up with my good friend Dennis Evangelista for some briefing.

Dennis and I talked until lunch and it was then when I met up with the rest of the team. After lunch I took a little nap and woke up at around 3:00 pm to prepare for the afternoon brieifing. Lo and behold the other team members were still stuck in the airport which made Dennis cancel the afternoon activities and utter my favorite words - Free time! Well, it was nice going to the main island, buy a few things and explore the island alone. The quiet time was well deserved.


The next two days was work from 9am to 11 am and 4pm to 5:30 pm with lots of free time in between. The free time made me rest and explore the place, take pictures and just enjoy the scenery. The evenings were filled with sumptuous dinners and enjoyable entertainment which was emceed by yours truly.By the time sunday came I was quite hesitant to go back to Manila because I really had a nice stay and is looking forward to go back to the Island Paradise. So who wants to go with me?

No comments: