Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A safe journey to the Man from Manila



When I was a kid I tried so hard to become a song writer but unfortunately I really had a hard time coming out with nice songs. Eventually I came out with some songs that in a way were okay and some friends loved it, unfortunately it wasn't the traditional ballads that I got to write, it was a rap music. To others its harder doing rap songs since its lyrics usually end in rhymes, but for me I usually need something to perk me up or someone influential to pattern my songs. My influences came from the Sugar Hill Gang who made the first rap song Rappers Delight and the other was a Francis Magalona.


I really loved his songs namely Cold Summer Nights, Mga Kababayan, Meron Akong Kwento, Man from Manila and Kaleidescope World which is somewhat pleasant to the ears.  My only regret is that I wasnt able to meet the man from Manila. May your journey be safe and do remember that your memory will live on!