Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First day at the STI Academic Center


Do you remember your first time? To transfer to a new office? Me I remember that distinctly seven years ago when we got to transfer to our Ayala office. This time around the transfer was easier and more exciting beacuse almost everyone is excited to transfer to our new office at the Fort which is located right in front of Market Market.



Today there was something quite different from what I usually do, I took a different route and the traffic at 7:00 am at the C5 highway going southbound is so unbearable. After coasting along Eastwood I thought I had an easy ride but unfortunately the traffic along Tiendesitas is the tail end of the cars going to the Pateros intersection. Needless to say it took me 40 minutes to get to my destination and look for a suitable parking area. Luckily I got to check in to the office at 8:07 am.


One thing great about transferring are the new equipment that go with the transfer. As seen here I have a new LCD flat screen monitor that goes with my XPC CPU. Mind you I am the only employee with an XPC computer since we usually bring these computers out of town so I was issued a computer that is portable to bring along.

Our first day at our new office was quite relaxing since we used up the whole day unpacking all the office files and equipment we previously filed and setting up our stations. The building is not yet finished. In fact the offices of all the executives will still have another week before it is finished and the school grounds at the 2nd to 5th floors are still being finished. Nevertheless I am still getting accustomed to my new surroundings.
A new office, a new school year and a new outlook definitely shows that STI is pointing upwards and good things will surely follow. Once the building is finished expect something big from STI.

1 comment:

JayDJ said...

Congrats! I've seen this building being built kasi dito route ko when I need to go to Makati. And I keep telling my friends, na future STI yan... now I can proudly say, dyan na ang STI at may mga kilala ako dyan ! hehehehe! Enjoy your new office ! Siguro maganda ang view dyan noh ;)