Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Mutya ng Pilipinas 2007 Experience


My good friend Ms. STI 2001 Jeanne Harn won last April this year's edition of the Ms. Philippines-Earth pageant. She invited me to come over and take pictures of her during that pageant, unfortunately I was in Thailand that time and wasnt able to go. I was so happy she won but sad I wasnt there to witness the event, much more take pictures.

Luckily Ms. STI 2006 Zerah Mayon another good friend of mine joined the Mutya ng Pilipinas 2007 pageant. They were 30 candidates in all and there were lots of beautiful and witty girls in their batch. STI has been a proud sponsor of this event the past three years as the provider of computers and tabulation systerm. We were in tandem with SGV one of the top auditing firms in the country. As head of the STI tabulating team I had the opportunity to see the scores as they were judged, but as a true professional I just let two of my boys handle that and concentrate more on helping out on the support team and at the same time document the event.

When the results came out I was like a stage father cheering for my friend. She made it to the top 15 and top 5. That alone was victory for us already.

During the final Q&A, Zerah's answer was just okay, not stunning and unfortunately there was quite a grammar slip. Well, i thought that her dream came to and end since all the other candidates answered well. I remember before the pageant I told her to just have fun and enjoy the pageant since she said she was quite nervous...unfortunately it got the better of her.

Then I realized & remembered what the organizers wanted in the final judging, 40% Beauty of Face, 40% Beauty of Figure and 20% Beauty of Intelligence! Well... there is still a slim chance I told myself. When the results were announced by the emcee Marc Nelson, It was like winning a UAAP championship again, my bet, my friend Zerah was crowned Mutya ng Pilipinas Asia Paicific International 2007. I was so happy I was there when it happened.

Two Ms. STI winners and two pageant wins in a year! The Lord has blessed us so much this year.




2 comments:

CoffeeWithConcon said...

Great post, Mhel! Galing talaga ng STI!

Anonymous said...

Lost it? Riiiight. You have to reinstall the OS -- you'll have to use the disk that came with the computer to do that -- if you even have it.
__________________
[url=http://jail-break-ps3.blogspot.com/2010/12/jail-break-ps3.html]Jail break ps3[/url]