Saturday, February 27, 2010

Others notable Mindanao eating destinations


PANAGATAN IN CAGAYAN DE ORO

One of my favorite restaurants in Cagayan de Oro is the Panagatan restaurant which is located just outside the city proper. The food is quite delectable, the place very cool, calm and serene and the live music palyedis jsut like the music one would usually hear when playing a James Taylor CD.


My NYC team is a witness to my craving of the kinilaw dish. Its something that is always a part of our meal. In Panagatan they have three kinilaw dishes and I we got to taste two of the three different kinilaw dishes which I can rate as an eight out of ten. The crab meat soup was something quite going back to that I got I think three cups of soup. SInce It was a friday i indulged in the squid and tuna belly which were all A1 taste bud enhancers.



GRAB A CRAB IN GENERAL SANTOS CITY



I would have settled for the Orange Bistro which was the restaurant to be in General Santos City. Unfortunately the place has made some refinements but I am not one to complain on the wonderful place we ended up with Grab a Crab. Unfortunately we did not order crabs since it was quite messy to eat it up and since there were 12 of us travelling it would be hard to eat some and not let others get a taste of it. So we settled for the wonderful sea foods that were in their BIGGG Menu!



The only hitch though was that the prices were similar to the price of food in metro manila and not the usual cheap food but good food price in the provinces. Given the chance, I think we will be able to go back next year and see to it that we will be able to eat up in this wonderful place.


My orders included Lapu Lapu, and when you are in General Santos city always try the Kinilaw na Tuna and Tuna Sashimi which is best tasted in the city known as the Tuna Capital of the Philippines. The soup and squid were also delectable additions to the wonderful food I ordered.




No comments: