Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lake Sebu


The Tilapia farm complete with Giant Tilapia float

There is something different whenever i go back to Southern Mindanao. Seeing the General Santos City airport and going to Koronadal city really brings back memories of a past involvement. Five years have gone so fast that I am even thinking, "when was the last time I visited this haven?" Then it came to me - the 10th NYC back in 2005 and that was the last.

Can't decide
Back in 2002 I was a frequent visitor of General Santos City because of a person very dear to me. Unfortunately the relationship did not prosper in the manner I dreamed of. Luckily, the times we shared together were so precious that the places we would frequent makes me go back in time and cherish the memory of those happy days.


Chicharong Balat ng Tilapia

One of the most memorable places we went to was a place in Surallah South Cotabato called Lake Sebu. One of the most popular resorts that we go to there was a place called Punta Isla. The Lake in Lake Sebu has become popular because of the Tilapia farm and the variety of tilapia dishes that can be found in the resorts in Lake Sebu. My personal favorite is the Kinilaw na tilapia and the Crispy Balat ng tilapia chicharon. Talking about them alone makes me drool while I write this blog.
THE NYC Team

Koronadal South Cotabato was the venue of the 2007 Palarong Pambansa and has since then improved their city's resources. Lake Sebu has also benefitted from this and that is why South Cotabato Officials are really pushing for tourists to visit the place. I am just privileged that my job every so often makes me visit places that I might have never visited if I were in another company. If you are on a trek to the southern part of Mindanao, specially in south Cotabato, Lake Sebu is a place that you should not miss going to.


The family I left behind...etching

No comments: