Thursday, January 7, 2010

MIna and Miong Wedding


The Bride

Fifteen years ago, I remember a friend inviting us to their wedding in Tagaytay. I told myself what the F?????, Tagaytay?? Well, looking at that set up will show that most of the people that went are the people close to the couple and the wedding was small, elegant and memorable. Another thing nice about weddings in Tagaytay is the weather and scenic view. These factors were still there when my officemate Mina Concha tied the knot with Romeo Consignado.


The Church

Back then there was just a small chapel where the wedding of my friend Ed Valmorida. Many years after the construction of a much bigger place to serve God was in the works. Now this place of worship is now known as the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish church. I remember having mass for the first time here six years ago when i was invited by our friends from STI Tagaytay. The church is very conducive to Catholic worship.



The Bride and Secondary Sponsors

One thing different nowadays is the way weddings are shot. Most of the photographers have made weddings come out as fun shoots. As shown above, the secondary sponsors were made to wear colorful knee high socks with matching japanese umbrellas which made them look outrageously funny. But that's the fun of it all, looking funny while taking those fun poses before the wedding. For me, a lot of wedding photographers need to go the extra mile to think of nice gimmicks for wedding shoots so that those precious moments are all captured.

The Wedding Emcee

I drove all the way to tagaytay monday night together with some officemates to support our good friend Mina on the most important day in her life. As usual, I played the role of Merry maker by agreeing to emcee the whole reception proceedings. The Church wedding started on time at 3:00 pm so by 5:00 pm we were already having the program and dinner. Food was great and me and my partner in crime RJ enjoyed every moment of the wedding. Now I am looking forward to the next friend who will get married in Tagaytay, it's something to look forward to.

Together with RJ

No comments: