Sunday, June 21, 2009

Google Seminar @ Ayala Technohub


An empty lot just across the University of the Philippines has been transposed into an information technology hub that is the best in the country. The imposing presence of the University of the Philippines Ayala Technohub alone is enough for geeks to make it their haven. The Ayala Technohub is the best place for Globe Telecoms and Google to come together and invite techno geeks to listen to what they have to offer.



Not only are they the WOrld's best search engine, they are also the world's largest platform for developing huge web based applications. First to speak was Globe Labs iCenter Evangleist and head of Google Labs who happens to be my batchmate from the Ateneo, Blue de Venecia. Blue set the tone for the event as he gave the people a glimpse of what Globe Labs has been doin and what to expect. He invited everyone to send applications to globe with the first five receiving a big treat from Globe.

Google country manager Aileen Apolo was there to see to it that all her friends and registrants get Google giveaways and register. I for one was very happy with the google stickers given away together with the ID holder. It was a cool nice afternoon to learn and know more about the latest in technology. French Google Software Developer Patrick Chanezon was the Google evangelist who gave samples and demos on variouos applications one can use to maximize web development. His various demonstrations gave me a nosebleed since he was talking mostly about programmer's language which I believe I cannot dissect in a thousand years! Hehehe. Good thing though I understood some. Some is adequate.


I brought along three friends from STI College Cubao who are Computer Science students. Rezyl, and the two David Garcia's listened intently. I just don't know if they were like me or they understood what was being talked about. I later took pictures and got off. Needless to say I am looking forward to another Google seminar. Lets bring it on guys.

No comments: