Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bellyfest 2009


The past three years saw the emergence of a new kind of revolution in the world of belly dancing, and that is the Belly Dancing festival or simply known as Belly fest. This event was made possible through the efforts of one of the best belly dancers and teachers in the country Jill Ngo-Crisologo.


I was introduced to this event by my best friend Louise Sarte who herself is a part of the belly dance team. With her very hectic schedule this summer Louise still had the chance to squeeze in an African Belly dance with which she dedicated to me. The other dance number she had was Brailizan inspired which was so nice considering the costumes that she used suited her.


The Bellyfest 2009 culminated with the Belly Fest dancers dancing till they drop from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. But the event is actually a whole day event that included bellydance workshops, aero marathon, hawaiian dance workshop, laughter yoga session, raffle entry, lootbag and of course, a whole day of fun. Tickets were sold at P 400.00. So I hope to blog again Belly fest 2010 till next year gals.


5 comments:

Fabi Thabi said...

Go Louise! I'm very proud about you!!
You are a lovely person and a great dancer!
Thanks Mhel!
kisses
Fabi

mhelpogi said...

Thanks Fabi for your comment.
Best Wishes to you and your husband.

Louise Sarte said...

Hi Mhel! I just saw my pictures.. Thank you for always supporting me... You are my bestest friend in the whole world!

Louise Sarte said...

Hi Mhel! I just saw my pictures.. Thank you for always supporting me... You are my bestest friend in the whole world!

Louise Sarte said...

Hi Mhel! I just saw my pictures.. Thank you for always supporting me... You are my bestest friend in the whole world!