Friday, May 27, 2011

STI Graduation 2011


The graduation team

Of all the STI Graduations I have handled and helped out this one seems to be more meaningful to me. I was like a stage father loud and proud at the backstage cheering on some graduates who I have worked with the past four years and some graduates who I have remained close up to this day. I was just lucky I kept my tears form falling after seeing some student friends accomplish their ultimate goal.

Spent four happy years with Kathleen


Ron Hermida of STI College Makati, Charlon Untalan of STI College Quezon Avenue, Lester Sangalang of STI College Novaliches and Robert Ordonez from STI College Fairview are all first time and only one time Olympians who I was happy to see lead the STI Teams in Chess, Juniors Basketball, Badminton and Table Tennis respectively. Unfortunately we only had a year to bond and at the same time it was already late in their college life that the sport they so love gave them an opportunity to compete against other schools.

One of my reliable and loyal friends Che

Add to that other Olympians who have also graduated with Cheerdancer Nikka Quiogue of STI College Global City, Men's Volleyball's Ace Yumul from STI College Quezon Avenue and a pair of Volleybelles in Rachelle Cruz and Eliza Nuevo from STI College Global City who also helped out in maintaining the NAASCU website.

With Apple Dolorfino

Among the crop of graduates who have been very dear to me the most are my two former All-Star dancers Kathleen Tacuban and Apple Dolorfino. They are the two remaining members of the STI All-Star Dance team that I formed in 2007 and was at that time the talk of the town for their one of a kind dance moves and ethereal beauty. The two endured a lot of problems in their college life and I am was a witness to how they overturned all those problems to eventually graduate on time. Of the two, Apple is the one who is gifted academically as she also graduated Cum Laude with an average of 1.34. I was just like a proud father and so proud for her getting her medal and seeing her graduate. All I wish is for my Olympians to continue to become role models so that others can follow their lead.


I have seen this girl since she was 9 years old
now she's a graduate


No comments: