Sunday, October 25, 2009

When is enough, enough?



Just lately, the PBA was mired by a controversy involving one of its players. The player involved was Burget King guard Wynne Arboleda. The incident happened during the opening of the PBA in which the Whoppers met the Smart Gilas team. Apparently the game was so rugged that the fans was shouting profanities at Wynne. As a result, Wynne got pissed and attacked the fan. This did not augur well with the PBA management and they decided to ban Wynne for the rest of the season. At the same time the fan charged him in court. So Wynne is now crucified for what he did. A consequence of his actions. But what about the fan? If you were to ask me we are all liable of our actions. He should be banned from watching any basketball game in any game venue. I myself am a fan and have criticized a lot of players but never to the extent that a player would get mad at me.


I think fan decorum is something that organizers should address. A fan cannot simply shout out profanities because he paid for his seat. Let us all remember that the people we are criticizing are humans too. That made me remember a sign that was constantly in the stands at the Loyola Center."Please cheer, Don't jeer!" I hope both parties learned their lessons well.

No comments: