Monday, October 19, 2009

My Life in retrospect

As a Prep student in Ateneo

Time really flies fast. As I look at my life I can say that I have done what the Lord has asked me to. But then again as I look back I also tell myself that there is a lot more to do. There are more people that I can make happy, more people that I can make laugh and more lives to touch. I have always told myself that the best thing that my father gave me is an Ateneo education. Everything that I am now is because of the Ateneo. I embraced everything that the Jesuits have taught me, learned from the mistakes I have done as a naughty kid and stood up after falling down.

My Proud mom

On to High School which was a blast and most probably one of the happiest times in my life. To this date me and my High School barkada still see each other and still talk about the good days in High school and laugh about what we have gone through with equal zest. If my barkada was the highlight of my High school life, Dulaang Sibol has to be the biggest influence of my life. Imagine having to hear from the wealth of wisdom of Mr. Pagsi everyday. I am a late bloomer and all that he taught me didnt show then but is the cornerstone of my life now.

The Master of Ceremonies

If my High school life was the best of times, College life was the most exciting part. College life made me realize that there was more to me than being a naughty boy. It was the time that I discovered that God has given me a bounty of talents. Most probably the most gratifying talent that I discovered is emceeing. As a freshman the friends that I gained then were mostly seniors who eventually taught me the basics of being a master of ceremonies. When my time came, I cannot even count how many emceeing jobs I have done. College also saw me become a permanent fixture in so many Days with the Lord weekends, these are the what i was passionate about in college and something i have not forgotten til this day.


At STI

After College I tried several jobs but found my true love in what I do now and the company I have been with the past eight years - the STI Education Services Group. Early on I tried my luck in show business but had a hard time getting a name for myself. I then ventured on to become a vehicle salesman for Toyota, had a shaky start but nevertheless toiled for five years in the best dealership in the 90's. I was enjoying myself in Toyota when good friend Jem Bengzon called to ask If I want to join the STI team. It was a decision I never regretted as STI gave me a job that is both gratifying and fulfilling.

Still emceeing after all these years

Looking back at the first four decades of my life I can say that I have survived a lot of bad things and the Lord has blessed me with a lot of great people to guide me and help me get through. I welcome the new challenges that will come my way and thank the Lord for all the blessings he has given me. I now face the next decade with renewed vigor and excitement. Bring it on.

3 comments:

Aileen Apolo-de Jesus said...

I'm glad I met you Mhel. Happy, happy birthday! Hugz!

Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore all your writing taste, very charming.
don't quit and also keep posting due to the fact it just very well worth to follow it.
impatient to look at a lot more of your current content articles, have a good day :)

Anonymous said...

i surely love your own writing way, very useful.
don't quit as well as keep penning in all honesty , because it just good worth to follow it,
looking forward to looked over far more of your current content, have a pleasant day ;)