Tuesday, February 5, 2008

SINTA


when one does not remember the last time one has performed, that means its a really a long time ago. When i joined the fabled drama group of the Ateneo known as the Dulaang Sibol in 1984 I never knew that the guidance of Mr. Pagsi would later on help me set a direction in my life. As a young sophomore then I was already an understudy of five characters then and joined the Sinta cast until 1992 when the Sinta original cast last played. It was fun being the youngest in the group that included Jimmy Hofilena, Rhoda Santos, Ray Miranda, Fred Ortiz and Stella Pagsanghan whose performances gave audiences a lot of great stories. On some nights Sinta fanatics, fans who have seen the show at least three times, will occupy almost 90% of the theater and would anticipate every joke cracked.

Last saturday I got to join the practice of the new Sinta cast. For me they are new since they were the 90's version and beyond of Sinta. I hope that i will be able to memorize my lines in time for the next run rehearsal date.

Watch Sinta on February 8, 12,13,14,16 and 23, 2008 at the Tanghalang Onofre Pagsanghan at the Ateneo. I will be performing on the 13th, 14th and 23rd. See you there.

No comments: