Thursday, April 17, 2008

JARDINEROS




Whenever I go up to Tagaytay i see to it that I pass by one of my few discoveries - JARDINEROS FOOD STATION. Located on the way to Tagaytay if you took the Sta. Rosa exit, Jardineros is the home of Mesclun. Mesclun is a salad mix of assorted small, young salad leaves. The mix varies depending on the source but it includes my favorite - the lettuce! Besides leaf lettuces it is also a mix of herbs and tender greens. The name comes from Provencal (Southern France) - mescla, "to mix" - and literally means mixture.

Bottomline, every once in a while its so nice to go green since the lettuce comes with yummy dressings that can rival the best of hotel salad dressings. I myself bought one kilo of lettuce and two salad dressings so that I can satisfy my urge to eat freshly picked soiled up organic salad. Oops, I got to wash it first and dip it with my favorite dressing - Papaya. Go satisfy your urge at Jardineros I am sure that it will make you wannabe a vegetarian!

No comments: