Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blue Babble Battalion Old School


Yours truly cheering the Fabilioh

If there is one thing that I am very proud of the Ateneo, is its rich tradition in Cheerleading. Even before the time when UST and UP introduced their superb stunts in the annual cheerleading competitions the Ateneo introduced female cheerleaders in the Ateneo vs. DLSU 1986 game in the UAAP. But even before that time there were only male cheerleaders and the Ateneo is the best in leading its school to cheers. That was why when I was asked to cheer for the Blue and White in the Fil-oil tournament I gamely obliged even though I know i dont have the strength to bend up and down. I do lack the strength to bend but I still have the heart to do. Here are some highlights of the pre-game cheering and the Halftime of the Ateneo vs. La Salle Fil-oil basketball tournament.

From the 60's Jun Capistrano


Former King Cheerleader in the 1950's
Jess Paredes still has the moves


Former Ateneo HS Principal
Fr. Bert Ampil
cheers the Blue Eagle Spelling

The Ateneo Spirit willed them to cheer

No comments: