Saturday, November 14, 2009

Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT!


In the summer of 1983 I was home most of the time and was always tinkering on what television shows to watch or what music to listen to the radio. Back then, there was no Cable television accessible to every house. The only time I was able to watch cable was when I would visit friends with FEN - (Far Eastern Network) Cable television. At the same time there was no internet to help me download my favorite music. I had to listen to the radio, wait for my favorite music and record it on my cassette tape recorder.That year saw the introduction to King of Pop status of Michael Jackson. I remember I dedicated the whole summer listening to his music and trying desperately to copy his dance moves. The music television industry then was quite young and I remember watching the Thriller video from our neighbors. Back then the ratio of TV to Household was 1 to 1. Now, every room in our house has a TV.




The THIS IS IT Dancers appear live
in the Ellen Degeneres Show

Hearing about the death of Michael Jackson was very devastating to me in my own way. I have idolized him, copied and would still listen to his songs non stop. The movie THIS IS IT is a great farewell movie to the King of Pop. It was a good thing that they video taped the rehearsals. There you would see how Michael wanted to perfect his craft. In one sequence he even said "Lets do it again, thats why we have a rehearsal!" When this movie gets on videos I will definitely get a copy of it. This is a must see for MJ Fans! This is IT!


No comments: